Friday, August 5, 2016

Reboot Series" Land of Confusion

There's too many men
Too many people
Making too many problems
And not much love to go round
Just tell me why
This is a land of confusion.
This is the world we live in
And these are the hands we're given
Use them and lets start trying
To make it a place worth living in." .. Phil Collins.. Land of Confusion


Phil Collins was one of my favorite singers  in the 80s, but I never really liked one of his more famous songs, Land of Confusion, b/c I thought the Video was weird




and it was weird, but it also had a message. One that I did not understand at the time.

I started thinking about this song and video again the other day when I was buying beer (Blue Moon) and heard a cool remake/re-boot of it by Disturbed (check it out good remake/re-boot)



So I went back and looked at the original video again



and now that I'm older I understand.

The message questions the conflict in the world and how our leaders are incapable of peacefully resolving it. Hell they made it worse,Unfortunately, 30 years later, the same message  resounds in politics












and yes in softball as well.



There remains a Land of Confusion in both. I'll skip the politics chatter and keep it to softball where moves made by our leaders leads to confusion, conflict, anger, resentment, and distrust.

In Softball many complain. Few help without an agenda. That is the True Confusion

There's too many men
Too many people
Making too many problems
And not much love to go round
Just tell me why
This is a land of confusion.
This is the world we live in
And these are the hands we're given
Use them and lets start trying
To make it a place worth playing in." .

No comments:

Post a Comment