Saturday, September 1, 2012

Right Man for this Bronx Tale

It's no coincidence that I am a huge fan of the movie "A Bronx Tale"


and it's strong message as I have a connection to the Bronx. I went through a lot of growing pains there both in High School and softball. Believe it or not the Bronx was the first place I ever went to that had different people. You see I grew up in Washington Heights where everyone was either Hispanic or Jewish. But the Bronx was literally a different animal for me as it had Italians, Blacks, Hispanics, etc and it was wide open as everyone is always hustling.


This year I returned to the BX by playing Softball there on Saturdays. My team has done well and it's been a never dull experience. One thing that I noticed in softball is that every league and borough has a different vibe and needs a different type of umpire. Well a Bronx league needs a Bronx type of official and Noble Avenue has Henry

A96 to the fullest. Good Guy. Right man for the BX.

No comments:

Post a Comment