Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sports Kobayashi Maru


The Kobayashi Maru is a test in the fictional universe of Star Trek. It's a training exercise designed to test the character of cadets in a no-win scenario. Yeah I am a geek and know this shit.Well lately sports has left me feeling

very Kobayashi Maru ish lately

Giants - Pats - Super Bowl - No Win - I'm a Jet Fan and my wife is a Patriots fan

Yanks - Phillies - Dominance - No Win - I'm a Met fan

Met Ownership - No Win - I'm a hardcore Met fan

Jet Collapse and Ugly Fall out - No Win - 43 years and counting

Hell let's be honest Choice Parts - West finals in Softball - No Win - no further comment

In the Star Trek universe the only person to pass the Kobayashi Maru was Captain Kirk who reprogrammed the test so he was able to win. He cheated. Despite having cheated, he was awarded a commendation for "original thinking."

Well in my current sports predicament there is no cheating. Its going to be a while and no one is going to feel sorry for me. Look for solutions from within.

Beam me up Scotty

4 comments:

  1. Ricky, you were born on the wrong side of the street.....: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Rick. Maybe the "Madoffs" will sell the team. And focus on your Chips and not the leagues you didn't win. THAT'S what sports teaches us about life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I have a friend who really has it bad. An avid fan he started following sports in the late 80s. His teams:

    Mets
    Jets
    Knicks
    Islanders

    Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leave Westies with other players and go to new team - Shame! Let's hope NO WIN!!!

    ReplyDelete