Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sad Insider Loses a Childhood Hero

Most of my heroes growing up were flawed, Randy "Macho Man" Savage was no different. He was my favorite wrestlers growing up in the 80s. He was flashy, a good athlete, and I thought his Oooh Yeah!!!!” catch phrase was cool & funny.

What I liked most about the Macho Man (and what most people didn't know) was that he was a ball player and that made him my favorite wrestler. He played minor league baseball for about four years in the St. Louis Cardinals and Cincinnati Reds organizations, mainly as an outfielder. That made him different, to me anyway, and I connected as a fan.

A sad insider feels a bit of lost childhood with the passing of the Macho Man. I salute you with one last Oooh Yeah!!!!” ... as you gave me a lot of fun times growing up.
RIP

1 comment:

  1. I feel exactly the same way. By the way Ricky, he hit a VERY respectable .254 with 166 rbi's in those 4 years.

    peace
    jack s.

    ReplyDelete